Chief Executive Officer
Ahmed joined the Professional Indemnity Division of Thomas Miller after qualifying as a barrister and working in the insurance industry with Lloyds of London.
His first role was to handle claims against barristers. He quickly moved to handling claims against solicitors and surveyors and eventually heading the Claims Department.
He is the Chief Executive Officer and an executive director of Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund Limited.
AS CEO Ahmed leads the management team of Thomas Miller Professional Indemnity Ltd and combines this role with that of Claims Manager for the PI Division and General Manager.
- Director: Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund Ltd; Thomas Miller Professional Indemnity Ltd; HAMIA Management Company; SIMIA Management Company; The Occupational Pensions Defence Union Limited; Thomas Miller & Co; Thomas Miller Professional Indemnity Limited; Thomas Miller Professions Limited
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1992
- Started in the insurance industry in 1989 with Lloyds of London
- Graduated in 1986 (Birmingham University), qualified as a barrister in 1988 (Lincoln’s Inn) and obtained a Masters degree in Law in 1989 (LSE)
- Languages spoken: Swahili
- Defence of negligence claims against various professionals: barristers, solicitors, surveyors