Talk to us and find out how we can help.
Professional indemnity insurance protects you if you’re found to have provided poor advice, been negligent or made a mistake which has resulted in your clients or others losing money.
What do we cover?
Bar Mutual provides cover for:
- Civil liabilities arising from the Insured Practice of its Members
- Defending applications for Wasted Costs Orders
- Defending complaints made to, or raised by, the Bar Standards Board where their subject matter has given rise to a civil liability that remains outstanding, or could do so
- Complaints to the Legal Ombudsman in which compensation is sought
- Claims by solicitors for their fees under approved CFAs
- The cover is subject to the full terms and conditions set out in Bar Mutual’s Terms of Cover and Rules
- The cover extends to claims brought in any jurisdiction, provided the provisions of the Terms of Cover are met