Solicitor | Claims Executive
Elizabeth joined Thomas Miller as a Claims Handler for Bar Mutual in February 2018. In her role, Elizabeth handles a wide range of professional negligence claims against barristers of all practice areas. Elizabeth also deals with the defence of complaints made to the Bar Standards Board and disciplinary proceedings.
Elizabeth qualified as a solicitor at a major City of London law firm specialising in insurance litigation in September 2015. Elizabeth qualified into the firm’s Professional Indemnity team where she predominantly assisted with the defence of a number of multi-million pound claims against accountants. Elizabeth was a key part of the legal team that successfully defended one of those claims at a three week trial in the Mercantile Court. In addition, Elizabeth also defended claims against various other professionals including solicitors and surveyors and advised insurers on policy coverage points.
Elizabeth started her legal career at DWF in Leeds, where she worked as a paralegal dealing with the defence of complex, high value injury claims for a number of insurer clients.
- Joined Thomas Miller as a Claims Executive in 2018
- Upon qualification as a solicitor spent two years defending professional negligence claims in private practice
- Admitted as a solicitor of England and Wales in September 2015
- Completed training contract at a large insurance firm in the City of London
- Started her career at DWF in Leeds in the catastrophic personal injury team
- LLB (Hons) Law Exempting
- Defence of professional negligence claims and disciplinary proceedings against barristers
- Delivering lectures to pupil barristers in respect of their professional indemnity insurance as part of the compulsory Practice Management Course