Solicitor | Claims Executive
Sarah joined Thomas Miller in 2023 having completed a one year secondment with Bar Mutual from one of its panel firms of solicitors. Sarah handles a wide range of professional negligence claims against barristers including complaints to the Legal Ombudsman. Sarah also has significant experience of dealing with BSB disciplinary proceedings.
Sarah qualified as a solicitor at a major City of London firm specialising in insurance litigation and has spent her whole career defending professional negligence claims against legal professionals, surveyors, brokers, IFAs and accountants. Sarah has experience of all aspects of civil litigation including pre-action protocol claims, court proceedings at County Court and High Court level and ADR. She has also advised on data protection issues including subject access requests. Before she joined Thomas Miller Sarah was responsible for running six claims handling schemes for a major insurer and also provided advice to Bar Mutual as one of its panel lawyers.
- Solicitor and Claims Executive – joined Thomas Miller in May 2023
- Previously employed as an Associate Solicitor in private practice with over 25 years of experience in professional negligence claims
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1993
- Graduated from Bristol University – LLB.
- Defence of negligence claims and disciplinary proceedings against barristers including complaints to the Legal Ombudsman
- Extensive previous experience of handling professional negligence claims against a wide range of professionals.
- Delivery of training to pupil barristers as part of their compulsory Practice Management Course.